Arbor Homes, the largest homebuilder in Indiana and a Berkshire Hathaway company, is currently looking for a Construction Superintendent.
- Allow Director of Construction to be a ghost to the outside world, handle all field issues, work with your Area Manager to accomplish tasks.
- Responsible for the Day to Day operation of your assigned Communities, walk every room in every house every day.
- Take Ownership of your communities:
- Perform Preconstruction and Predrywall Meetings with each buyer as dictated by build schedule for each house.
- Contact each buyer under construction on a weekly basis to enhance their experience and drive customer satisfaction.
- Develop and foster relationships with Contractor base and Municipality inspectors to streamline building and minimize waste and delays in schedule.
- Communicate failures or issues discovered in the field with your Area Manager, Purchasing, Land Development, etc. as situation warrants.
- Develop and train your Assistant Superintendent.
- Maintain constant job site readiness on daily basis for the contractor base (i.e. clean garages for interior trim delivery, concrete vinyl areas free of paint overspray and humps or dips for vinyl installers).
- Create/Maintain a good open working relationship with your sales team – communicate weekly with them any customers issues for hopefully a unified Arbor front.
- Enforce Company safety standards at all times including but not limited to walk boards and fall protection.
- Work with Quality Control Managers and Warranty Managers to reduce issues with homes and reduce construction costs.
- Identify areas of improvement and opportunities for the company and communicate them through your manager to be presented to the Operations Team.
- Maintain all local erosion control required measures including street cleanliness.
- Keep all lots clean at all times – this includes both inside and outside the house – hold trades accountable.
- During Winter months, ensure models are ready for business at noon – driveway paths for customers and connector walks cleared.
Arbor Homes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.